Monday, October 8, 2012

Professional Dress Code As An Educator

As an educator, you should always be professional at all times. The definition of professional dress means arriving in the business world appropriately dressed for the day. In some cases, this means only one thing: a business suit and a tie for men and a professional pants- or skirt-suit for women. You always have to be professional in the education world because you don't know who watching. If you look and behave like a highly trained and well-groomed professional, you will win the respect and honor of our valued clients. Professional dress is really important because you are setting an example for your students and also outsiders are looking at you as well. This is the right thing to do as teachers because you don't want to come to school looking any kind of way because others will think otherwise and it will not look good on the school at all. Professional dress is the way to be because you can go so far in your teacher career. As for me, when I become a teacher, I will dress professional everyday because I want people to think highly of me and I want to set a bar for my students. I want my students to look up to me and see what a real teacher looks like.


 
A video on Teacher's dress code..

4 comments:

  1. Any missing quotation marks or citations?

    What if most teachers in your school wear khakis and polo shirts? Will a suit and tie make you stand out in a not-so-positive way? Does the definition of professional dress depend on the professional situation?

    I know that at PV, suits are common for male faculty, but at UT-Austin, it would be hard to find a professor in anything but business casual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that teachers should dress professional. Some students may not take their teacher serious if they are dressed too casual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly agree with this teachers should dress professional for many reasons. Teachers should dress professional because they do have their students looking at them. Many of these students will look at teachers as a role model and the way they see you look and dress is they way they think is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truthfully, I as an educator love this article. It always has held true that professional attire is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete